This article covers all the details about on how to renew your Pakistani Passport Online, the estimated time, renewal fee and other important details that you need to know. How to Renew Passport Online-A Complete Guide.
Recently a website has been launched by Pakistani Authorities to help all overseas fellow nationals to renew their passports in 15 minutes. This step from the authorities has come as a sigh of relief for those who didn’t have sufficient time to visit the Pakistani embassy or consulate. Ministry of Interior department launched this website aiming to provide maximum number of facilities to Pakistanis living abroad.
Main Advantage: Renew Passport Online
With the new e-passport website of Pakistan, now you can fill the online form from home in 15 minutes. Once you submit the form, you will receive the new passport in 10 days, if you paid the normal renewal fee. You can acquire the new passport in 4 working days if you have paid the urgent fee for it.
How to Renew Passport Online-A Complete Guide
Features of NADRA e-portal
This new e-portal is designed in two languages, English and Urdu so that the overseas Pakistanis don’t face any problem while renewing their passports. Video tutorials are also included for the better understanding of the whole process. The tutorial helps people on how to send their fingerprints by scanning etc.
According to the users, the website is quite convenient to use and includes features like registration, entering passport details, category selection, how to pay online fee and updating of new photographs etc.
Requirements for Renewal of Passport Online:
To get your passport renewed online in 15 minutes, you will have to fulfill the following requirements:
- Copy of old (existing) Pakistani passport (first two pages only)
- National Identity Card Copy
- A recent photograph of less than 5MB in size
- Fingerprint form with recently taken fingerprints
- Credit Card to pay online fee
Documents Required for Under 18 for Passport Online Renewal:
For young people below 18 who aren’t yet eligible for National Identity Card, below are the document requirements for them.
- Copy of parents NIC
- Copy of B-form, attestation form
- Death Certificate of Parents, in case they have passed away
- Guardianship certificate in case, the person is in care of someone else
Procedure to Renew Passport Online:
- Before applying for the renewal of the passport, make sure you have all the above-mentioned documents ready.
- Click on the ‘Get Started’ button.
- A window will popup asking you to register yourself. Register by filling all the mandatory details.
- Now you have to create the application by providing the details for renewal of your machine-readable passport
- Once you have completed all the details, now provide a valid address for the delivery of the passport
- Pay online fee through credit or debit card
- At the end carefully read all the details provided, sign the declaration and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Expected time taken for Online Application process:
The table below clearly demonstrates the approximate time taken for the completion of an online passport application.
|#||Activities done from start to end||Renewal Time|
|1.||User Registration||2 min|
|2.||Selection of application category||1 min|
|3.||Passport delivery details||1 min|
|4.||Fee payment||1 min|
|5.||Personal information||1 min|
|6.||Address details||1 min|
|7.||Uploading of recent photograph||1 min|
|8.||Supporting documents uploading||2 min|
|9.||Print, scan and upload fingerprint form||4 min|
|10.||Review and Submission of application||1 min|
|Total time estimated||15 min|