If you are looking to develop your skills during this quarantine, you are in the right place. This is the best time to work on yourselves. Best time to invest in yourselves. This is your chance to come out a better version of yourself even during the toughest time of pandemic. What to learn and from where? You must be thinking about this. But don’t worry we are here to help you by recommending the Top 5 Online Course Websites.
The internet has a vast information on everything you need. Anything you can think of is on the internet. Nowadays you do not need a particular teacher. You can learn anything from the internet from the best in the world.
Top 5 Online Course Websites – Learn New Skills During Quarantine and Prepare yourself for Future of Work
For the people looking to expand their knowledge during quarantine, the following are the free Top 5 Online Course Websites websites you can find on the internet.
Coursera.org is helping about 50 million students worldwide. It has about 4100 courses. One of the best features of Coursera that differentiates it from its competition is that they provide you with degrees. You can receive your online degree after the completion of your course.
These degrees are on par with the Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from any college. These are completely legitimate degrees. This means that you can receive a standardized education. On top of that, you will be taught by professors from well-known Universities.
Coursera.org have affiliations with many universities and organizations that help them in providing degrees to the students. But not every course has a degree.
Pros and cons of Coursera
- Coursera.org is a huge platform and thus, it has a large number of courses
- Coursera.org has many free online courses
- Coursera.org provide high quality and standardized education to its students
- One of the cons is that there is very little interaction with the instructor
- Due to the limited interaction, there is little to no feedback from the instruction
Top free courses on Coursera
- The science of well being
- Learning how to learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects.
edX is a non-profit organization. It was founded by Harvard.edX has a mission to provide free quality education to anyone, anywhere in the world. This is especially helpful for the students having no access to education or schools.
Some of the differentiating features of edX are that they provide teacher discussion boards and quizzes. This increases the interaction between students and teachers. This helps to give feedback to the students. This feedback is crucial for the students to improve.
However, edX has various paid courses as well.
Pros and cons of edX
- edX provides standardized courses and thus, they are applicable all around the world
- Another pro is that you can learn independently anytime and anywhere in the world
- They also have many lectures on a single topic
- A con is that there are no visuals.
- Also, there is no one to motivate the students so they have low motivation
- There are no fun facts about the topics
- There are no quick techniques included
Top free courses on edX
- Introduction to Computer Science by Microsoft
- edX science of happiness course by UC Berkely
Let’s read more on Top 5 Online Course Websites as there are other websites to explore as well.
3: Khan Academy
Khan Academy is also a non-profit organization. They want to provide and spread education to the corners of the world. Khan Academy wants to provide education to anyone, anywhere in the world.
One of the best features of Khan Academy is that they have courses for all levels. Anyone from the level of K.G. to early college can benefit from Khan Academy. They are really determined to cover all the students from all over the world. And the fact that it’s non-profit proves that they want to spread education.
Another feature of Khan Academy is that they have partnered with many post-secondary schools.
Pros and cons of Khan Academy
- One of the best things is that Khan Academy is free and accessible
- It contains a wide range of subjects
- And you can also learn according to your own schedule and routine
- They also have a vast amount of math problems for practice
- Again the cons include less interaction
- The style of teaching is the same for every course
- There is little to no feedback from the instructor
Top free courses on Khan Academy
- Introduction to programming and python
- Modern Economics
- Many other free courses
Also Read: Top 5 Online Digital Marketing Courses 2018
Udemy is also one of the reputable institutions online. They also provide many free courses to its users.
One of the features is that you obtain guidance from the leading experts on the topic. So you know that you are getting the best information possible. And in the best way possible. The fact that the information is from the best in the world, it helps promote confidence in the students about the course.
If you are looking to develop some skillset, then Udemy might be the way to go.
Pros and cons of Udemy
- Udemy contains a large number of courses
- It contains many subjects
- There are many courses on the same topic
- There is limiter interaction between teacher and student
- As a result, there is limited feedback
Top free courses on Udemy
- Python Scrapy: For Beginners.
- CCNA VLOGs
- WordPress Basics: Learn WordPress in one hour
TED-Ed is also an online course website. It provides many online courses and most of them are free. Its founders have received many awards and thus, we can say that it is an award-winning website.
TED-Ed has a massive user number of 250,000 including teachers and students. And thus, it helps develop confidence in the user. The students and teachers are a part of this large network that is present on a global scale and it will help, motivate the students.
Pros and cons of TED-Ed
- TED-Ed has original and phenomenal animations
- This helps to understand boring subjects easily
- Due to good animations, engagement is comparatively greater
- Some content may not have any video
- It is difficult to understand non-video content and external sources may be required
Top free courses on TED-Ed
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- The Structure of English words
- Please visit to find more free courses: TED-ED
Log-on to these Top 5 Online Course Websites today and learn the skill of your own choice.