Let’s Explore the Magical Valley of Kumrat. The magical valley of Kumrat is in the Upper Dir District of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and is one of the most beautiful valleys in Pakistan. Owing to its beauty, it is termed as a ‘heaven on earth’. Its natural beauty, its cool climate, its mountainous areas, its scenic views and its serene atmosphere attracts thousand of tourist and travelers towards itself. Those fond of nature and photography visit this area to witness the unbelievable wonders of God and to capture the eye-catching sceneries in their cameras.
Let’s Explore the Magical Valley of Kumrat
This beautiful valley is a perfect place for camping, bonfire, trekking, photography and fishing. One needs to visit and explore this valley to utilize their free time and enjoy all the things this magical valley has to offer. So, this summer season, let’s explore this magical valley and spend our days in the cool weather of Kumrat. This blog covers the possible route to Kumrat, places to explore and hotels to stay in while you are in Kumrat. So, let’s get started.
Easy Route to Valley of Kumrat
This route starts from Mardan so those coming from other areas of the country first need to reach Mardan.
- First of all, take all the necessary equipment you need during your visit and get on the road driving towards Malakand pass. Below is the picture of this pass.
- After you cross this pass, you need to reach Chakdara Fort. Below is the picture of this fort.
- After reaching this fort, you need to get to Upper Dir through Timergara.
- When you enter Upper Dir and drive for almost 4 km, you need to turn right towards Khwagay Obu Cheena.
- From there, follow the path towards Shirangle.
- After reaching Shirangle, you need to get to this small village, named as Thall. Below is the picture of Thall bazar from where you can buy the things you need.
- To reach Kumrat valley from Thall, you need to hire a jeep which will cost you from 2000Rs to 4000Rs. The road between Thaal and Kumrat is poor and bumpy.
- It will take almost an hour or two to pass through this narrow valley to the point where mountain range start and you will also pass through an army checkpoint. Then you will reach your destination, i.e. Kumrat Valley.
Places to Explore in the Valley of Kumrat
This masjid in Patrak is a must-see place. It is made of pure wood and exhibits the beauty of art and craftsmanship.
The water of this river comes from the glaciers present in the Hindu Kush mountains and it flows through Upper and Lower Dir districts. It meets Swat river in the Malakand district near totakan. Many restaurants are built on the bank of this river. Besides, the banks of this river serve as picnic spots for local people and tourists usually visit this river to take picture and enjoy its scenic views. It is also a perfect place for fishing.
Jahaz Banda is a large meadow in Kumrat. It is always surrounded by snow-clad mountains, trees and green pastures.
The word ‘Kotara’ basically means a ‘bowl’ and it is called as Kotara because it resembles the shape of a bowl. This lake is basically an alpine glacier lake and its water come from the surrounding melting glaciers. It undoubtedly stands as one of the most beautiful lakes in Pakistan.
Some Places for you Stay in the valley
When You are in Thall
If you are planning on staying in Thall for few days then there are two options available. The first one is Hotel Green Hills which is located on the main road of Thall Bazar. It is a small hotel comprising 3 rooms and offers food and other facilities. It is located in the main bazar and is surrounded by the historical and ancient houses of the local people.
The second option is Kumrat Palace and Restaurant which is a newly constructed restaurant in Thall having 14 rooms with all the facilities, This hotel is constructed at the bank of river panjkora.
When You are In Kumrat Valley
In Kumrat valley, you can stay in camps which are numerous in numbers and offer similar facilities on reasonable rates. If you bargain well then you can have the tent in just Rs200 for whole night. Basic food facilities are available at the tent camps and there are small stores too.
- Sarina Tent Hotel comprises 30 to 50 tents that are hired by the tourists, It is situated in green forest of Kumrat. The hotel also offers mattresses and other things required for the night. Most importantly, the hotel has an established solar and fuel generator system thus providing electricity. This is the reason that tourists select this hotel for their stay.
- Jungle In Hotel is another option for your stay in the valley. It is a newly established hotel in Kumrat which is situated at the bank of river panjkora.
- Abbot Hutts is also a newly constructed hotel in Kumrat valley and is located at the bank of river Panjkora. It offers well-furnished two-bed room with attached bath. The place has very tasty food and is equipped with latest solar panels to overcome the electricity short-comes.
Recommended Read: Spend this Ramadan in these Beautiful Places of Pakistan